Sunday, October 01, 2023

KTWV Volume 15 Issue 4: Nandita Narain retires fromCollegeol

 


I studied in College between 1960 and 1963. Principal Sircar was the one who taught me Mathematics along with Professor Nagpal. 

Later Rhodes Scholar Ranjit Bhatia returned after his taking part in the Olympics and joined the Mathematics Department.

When I started Kooler Talk (Web Version) in 1996, I started to hear about a Maths teacher in college who was changing the scenario.

Later I watched her activity on Facebook and other local media as NDTV.

Each report I heard only made me more appreciative of her work.

Now, after a tumultuous career in our college and also in the University of Delhi, Nandita Narain is retiring.

Although I never had the opportunity to meet her personally, I held her in great respect as she always stood by her principles and also what our college stood for.

Her history has appeared in the media so it is not my intention to repeat what has been written about her.

I wait to see what she will do next as she is a firebrand and will not leave the scene quietly. 

Nandita will always stand up for the right against the wrong.

Well played Nandita.

You are always welcome to share your views on this platform as we respect you as alumni and as an  associate of our college. 

Au revoir Nandita, welcome back Nandita.




No comments: