Friday, April 06, 2007

KTWV 08 Issue 09: Heaps Reunion

I received this email:

Dear Jacob,

Last week I had lunch with Ajay Varma and he gave news about you.

I got onto your blog and got your email.

I do not think we have ever met since 1970 or so. Last time we met was in Delhi when you and your wife had come over to our house in Hauz Khas.

I have now retired from the service in 2002; my last posting was as Ambassador to Switzerland as also to the Vatican. I was based in Bern.

I am now settled in Gurgaon and now working as Senior Vice President of Osian's - Connoisseurs of Art Pvt. Ltd which is a unique company which deals in art and culture.

I am planning to be in London from the 25th of April for about three weeks. I will be with my son and would call you to have a long chat.

Warm regards to you and your family,

62er Niranjan Desai


It will not be long when the Heaps, 62er Niranjan and 63ers Ajay and me, as we were known during our time in college will be chatting away, probably as a Conference Call on Skype. Maybe, even in our old age we may be pesuaded to get up to some mischief!

Great to be in touch again, Niranjan.

No comments: