Monday, September 12, 2011

KTWV 12 Issue 2: What has this to do with Stephanians?

When I woke up this morning at 4 am and picked up my locals newspaper at the front door, I was feeling on top of the world. I glanced through the Finnish newspaper, as we have division of responsibilities - I read the international press while my wife covers the local one I moved to the Sudoku page and finished all the three levels rather quickly. I was feeling rather chuffed about getting through the early part of the autumn morning so wonderfully. Then I received an email from a dear school friend in Canada attaching a UTube clip. After I watched it, I felt how inadequate I was. I learnt in my subsequent email exchange with my friend that it was our school Physics teacher, now 85+ and also living in Toronto, that had sent him this clip of a composition by Johann Sebastian Bach. I replied him (and our Physics teacher) with copies to my two elder grandchildren, both very talented musicians. The clip shows us how mundane and boring, as well as how untalented many of us are. Here is precision skill and knowledge which has been uniquely expressed through wine, champagne and brandy glasses! Something we Stephanians must learn to do without emptying the contents of the glasses, which would probably be our first reaction? :-) I am now in the swing of Kooler Talk (Web Version). I shall have some exciting posts ahead, so keep the lines open and knock me down, if you can!

No comments: